The Media Library
The Media Library is where you manage and upload the creative assets such as pictures and video that you use in your campaigns. To access the Media Library, click on the Campaigns tab, and select Media Library.
Checking the Status of your assets
In the Media Library tab, you can see thumbnails of the images/HTML banners/videos which have already been uploaded, with their status clearly marked as Approved, Pending, or Rejected.
You can upload files to your Media Library by clicking on Upload Files and selecting the files that you require.
Creative assets (images and videos) are subject to size limits, to ensure that sites run at optimal performance and achieve high ranking in search engines.
|Banner Images||150 KB|
|Mobile Interstitial Fullpage images (900×1600)||300 KB|
|Banner videos||1536 KB|
|InStream videos||51200 KB|
Optimization of uploads
When your creatives are uploaded to our system, we optimize them for best performance by converting PNG files to JPEG and using MP4s to replace animated GIFs for some ad zones. The optimization works as follows:
- PNG files are converted to JPEG when uploaded.
- Previously uploaded PNG files are converted to JPEG also.
- MP4 versions of animated GIFs are created and used for ad zones that allow it, if enabled for that network. The following ad zones will give preference to the MP4:
- Mobile Banner
- Mobile Interstitial Banner
- Sticky Banner
- Web Instant Message
Note: Both PNGs and GIFs will only be converted if the optimization will result in a smaller file size.
Note: Banners containing GIFs converted to MP4 will still function as normal banners, not video banners.
Viewing asset details
For each thumbnail, click the three dots to see the details of the asset. You will see the Details screen:
- ID: The ID number of the asset.
- Status: The status of the asset (Approved, Pending, Rejected).
- Labels: Any labels associated with the asset, e.g Banners – Animated Images.
- Target Audience: The target audience label for the asset.
- Product Category: Which of the categories that asset belongs to.
- Original File Name: The filename that the asset was uploaded with.
- Upload File Size: The size of the asset when it was uploaded.
- Optimized GIF Size: The size of the asset once it has been compressed.
- Converted File Size: If the file was optimized as well as compressed, it may have a different size to the compressed file.
- Campaigns: The campaign(s) that this asset is used in. Clicking on the links for each campaign will take you to the Campaign List screen for that campaign.
- Your Tags: Here you can add any tags to identify the asset in searches. When you have added the tags that you need, click Save.
Searching and Filtering Assets in the Media Library Screen
In the Select Ad Assets screen, you will see a list of all your assets sorted by file type (images, HTML banners, and videos) and the last date updated.
You can use the search box at the top of the screen to search the assets by:
- (Original File) Name: Search for the file name that the file was originally uploaded with. Simply type all or part of the file name into the field.
- ID: You can search by ID of the asset in this screen as well.
Additionally, you can filter the assets by clicking +ADD FILTER at the top of the screen. Filters available as follows:
- Ad Format: Filter by Ad Format.
Note: Videos will be filtered by their relative banner sizes. Videos with non-standard dimensions will be shown under Videos.
- Campaigns: Filter by the name or ID of the campaign the asset is in:
- Select the campaigns by ticking the checkboxes.
- Check Show selected only to exclude unselected campaigns from the list.
- Optimized File Size: Filter by the exact Optimized File Size for the asset, or set a size range using the Minimum and Maximum fields.
- Product Category: Filter by the Product Category the asset belongs to:
- Select the Product Category by ticking the checkboxes.
- Check Show selected only to exclude unselected product categories from the list.
- Status: Filter by Approved, Pending, Rejected, or Archived .
Note: You can choose whether to show Archived assets on the screen or not. They are not shown by default.
- Tags: Filter by the Tags you added in the Details screen of any asset:
- Select the Tag by ticking the checkboxes.
- Check Show selected only to exclude unselected tags from the list.
- Target Audience: Filter by the Target Audience the asset is flagged as:
- Select the Target Audience by ticking the checkboxes.
- Check Show selected only to exclude unselected target audiences from the list.
- Upload File Size: Filter by the exact Upload File Size for the asset, or set a size range using the Minimum and Maximum fields.
- With/Without Labels: You can choose to show assets with or without certain labels. Simply check the labels that you want to include in the With drop-down, and check the labels to exclude in the Without drop-down.
Click Apply and the Assets will be filtered according to your input.
You can add more filters by clicking +Add Filter again.
Click Reset Filters to remove any search or filters you have added.