Two-Factor Authentication on accounts
Protecting your account information is a top priority and that is why we recommend that you activate Two-factor authentication.
What is 2FA and why you should be using it?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a highly efficient way to secure your accounts and digital assets. It works like an extra layer of security to better protect both user’s credentials and the resources that the user can access. So when you log into your account you would be asked for two things: a password (something you know) and a second factor, such as a one-time passcode via a push notification sent to your mobile phone (something you own).
Online security experts strongly suggest enabling 2FA on all your online accounts; including email accounts, social networks, online banking, e-commerce sites, cloud computing etc.
A step-by-step guide of how to enable 2FA within the platform
- To enable 2FA for your login, go to Admin Panel > Click on My Profile.
- On the bottom right of your My Profile page you will see the Two-Factor Authentication section which you must Enable:
- Next you need to configure the Two-Factor Authentication and a new window will appear where you need to set your mobile phone number and country code:
- Once this simple process has been completed your account has been protected with 2FA, stopping anyone who wants to access your account without your consent.
- Finally, from now on, each time you want to access your account you will need to provide not only your password but also a token, which is a code that will be automatically sent to your mobile phone when you try to login. You will receive the token code via SMS to the mobile phone number you previously registered. Now simply add the token code into the field shown in the image below:
Different ways you can do the 2FA verification
- A token sent via SMS to the phone set in your 2FA settings.
- Authy Mobile App
- iOS – Authy
- Android – Authy 2-Factor Authentication
- Authy Desktop
How to use 2FA with multiple users on your account
If you need multiple users on one account, we recommend that you use Authy apps in order to enable multiple users. By using Authy, each user will be able to access the same account with a temporary token.
Steps to using the Authy app:
- Download the Authy app in your device
- Launch the app introduce the requested data
- Once you associate the app with the 2FA received in your phone you will see a temporary token displayed.
- Add the temporary token when accessing Admin Panel and Log In
Please note: As long as you have configured the Authy app under the same e-mail account, you will be able to enable multi-user access from different devices.
Authy not only provides a more convenient and secure way access to your Two-Factor Authentication tokens, but it goes the extra step by keeping your tokens safe on your computer, and additionally offers protection from phishing attacks.
Additionally you have other 2FA apps available in the market that could also fit for you. Here a list of the most popular 2FA apps.
More info: Introducing Authy For Your Personal Computer